Posted Apr 2, 2017, 6:18 PM by Sara LitzauNow Hiring!
Background: The Mountain Laurel Learning Cooperative (MLLC) is a non-profit educational organization committed to a mission of inspiring children to become joyful, life-long scholars and engaged, compassionate citizens in their community. MLLC accomplishes this mission through initiatives that focus on educational programming, community service projects and development of an active community of volunteers and supporters. MLLC’s office is located in Thomas, WV.
Position Available: MLLC seeks a dynamic, experienced leader to serve as Executive Director to advance the mission and agenda of the organization. This part time position will require up to 24 hours a week with some on-site office hours and some remote. This position will be contracted for one year with the possibility of extension.
Responsibilities: The Executive Director serves as the chief operating officer of the organization, working closely with and reporting to, the President and the Board of Directors. The Executive Director directs and administers all programs, operations and policies in addition to supervising seven part-time staff.
Primary areas of responsibility include:
· Strategic Planning – develops and implements the organization’s Strategic Plan and annual action plans in conjunction with the Board.
· Program Development and Management – develops, implements and supervises educational programs and services that are consistent with the organization’s mission and Strategic Plan and that meet the needs of community.
· Fiscal Management and Oversight – together with the Board, develops and manages the financial strategies of the organization; develops an annual budget for approval by the Board; oversees the management of all funds, consistent with the organization’s accounting system.
· Staff Leadership and Management – motivates and develops the organization’s staff; hires, supervises and evaluates staff; coordinates work with the Board’s committees, volunteers and partner organizations.
· Development – in coordination with the Board, develops and manages the fundraising strategies for the organization; researches potential funding sources, coordinates the preparation of grant proposals, pursues and strengthens relationships with both individual and organizational donors. Responsible for developing and managing strategic partnerships and donor communications.
· Community Relations and Advocacy – serves as the primary spokesperson for MLLC in the community; articulates and communicates the mission and the values of the organization, and promotes community support of the organization’s educational programs. Develops effective working relationships and partnerships with businesses and non-profits in our community.
· Conducts all business at the highest standard of integrity ensuring that all activities are legal and ethical. Experience/Qualifications:
· Minimum of 3 years management experience, preferably in a nonprofit organization, with significant experience in education or a related area; prior experience as President or Executive Director is preferred.
· Master’s degree in a relevant field preferred, Bachelors degree required.
· Demonstrated experience in development of successful educational programming for youth.
· Outstanding written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
· Strong planning, organizational and analytical skills.
· Proven financial management skills as well as experience creating and managing budgets.
· Ability to positively motivate and develop staff, board, and volunteers and build consensus.
· Visionary and innovative thinker.
· Ability to work collaboratively with all sectors of the community, the Board of Directors and staff.
· Successful background check is a condition of employment.
Procedure for Applying: Please submit a letter of interest, statement of qualifications/resume, and contact information for 3 references to MLLC as soon as possible, or by April 28th for full consideration. Electronic submissions are preferred and can be sent to Maggie Lutz, Board President <Maggie@mountainlaurellearning.org>. Please use the subject line Re: MLLC Executive Director Application.
Mountain Laurel Learning Cooperative is a 501(c)(3) non-profit educational organization